Saturday, August 15, 2009

Independent Work works for us!

Well, I've shared about my daughter's list before. And of course every year I redo it slightly, so I thought I would share this year's version. I decided it was too stressful trying to get my older daughter finished with her morning list by a certain time, so I am giving her all her independent work for the day, including the free reading. Then, I schedule myself to teach the girls between 10 and noon. Independent work not finished before then, is finished during room time after lunch. Hope this helps someone. I love to schedule things, though I follow them pretty loosely. Because my daughter has been used to doing her morning work, she is able to do all of this, even though she's just starting 3rd grade. And of course, the independence is a skill itself!

Here's what she's doing this year:

* Quarter Mile Math (computer game that drills math facts)

* Practice piano (she plays her song 3 times through--not alot, but something)

* Exercises (right now this is stretches plus jumping on the mini-tramp)

* Math Workbook

* Read to sister (the science book from her Pre-K)

* Writing (Copywork or Handwriting)

* Art Journal (free drawing in a journal)

* Reader or at least 20 min. Free Reading (when ahead on scheduled readers)

* Bible Reading

* Coop HW (if any, from her elective-type coop classes)

* One Enrichment Drawer (I fill this on the weekend--that way I can get in some extras, like educational games)


CD learning:

* Lyrical Life Science

* MUS skip counting song (some weeks we won't have this)

* German (Powerglide)

* Memory Verse (part of SL curriculum)

No comments: